Simplicity is the keynote of any flag ceremony; emphasis should be on respect for the flag rather than on the commands or techniques. Some questions to be addressed when planning a flag ceremony:
- Who will carry the flag?
- Who will be the color guard?
- Who will give the directions for the ceremony?
- What song shall we sing? Who will sound the pitch and start the song?
- Do we want a poem or quotation? Who will say or read it?
- After the Pledge of Allegiance, shall we say the Promise and Law?
- In what order should we do all of these things?
- When should we practice this?
- Where will the flags be placed at the end of the ceremony?
Download this packet to help with flag ceremonies in your troop!